Good, Inexpensive Source for Plastic Wedges

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass. Wine Guy

Feeling the Heat
Nov 23, 2007
Northeastern Massachusetts
I never dreamed it would be so hard to find a plastic tree felling wedge in northeastern Massachusetts, but it is. Apparently, no one ever needs them here. Is there an online source with low shipping rates where I could buy a couple of wedges?

Thank you.

Mass. Wine Guy said:
I never dreamed it would be so hard to find a plastic tree felling wedge in northeastern Massachusetts, but it is. Apparently, no one ever needs them here. Is there an online source with low shipping rates where I could buy a couple of wedges?

Thank you.
Ebay or Bailey's

Amicks, Baileys, Madsens, or your local stihl or husky dealer? $5 a pop or so.
mayb even Northern or Tractor Supply, but quality and function may be more unknown.

Whine Guy,
I cut mine with my chainsaw off a 8 to 10 inch stump of sweet gum and soak them in motor oil for a day or two to keep them from cracking. Why waste good money on buying them. Save your money for that Fiat you got your eye on ; )

Mass. Wine Guy said:

Thank you.

O'Conners Hardware in Billerica. Stihl & Husky dealer. They carry several different felling wedges.

Peter SWNH said:
Mass. Wine Guy said:

Thank you.

O'Conners Hardware in Billerica. Stihl & Husky dealer. They carry several different felling wedges.

Was just about to suggest the same store - good place... A bit pricey, but not unreasonable if you figure in the freight... Now if only they could do something about that 5% penalty for shopping locally. :long:

Gooserider

Any hard wood will do. They don't have to be Gum. : )

Mass. Wine Guy said:
Caz, I like your method a lot, but I don't think sweet gum grows here in Massachusetts.

I'd rather go buy felling wedges than deal with stuff. I'm trying to rid my front yard of all the sweetgum, elm and beech that I can. I'll be burning it, more because I have it than because I like it.

Bigg_Redd said:
I went to Evergreen. Class of 1997. Go Geoducs Go!

Gawd, I feel old now.....thanks Redd.

Status
Not open for further replies.