good morning ?? regarding quadrafire 2100-i blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
hey guys

great site, been reading for a month or so -

picked up a quadra fire 2100-i last month for $200.00 (sellers didn't want it in their living room) had it installed by a local chimey company and it works great but my queston is does anyone know where i can find a blower for this unit

and do you suggest a ceiling fan? house is a 1300 sqf ranch - here are a few pics

insert002.jpg

insert003.jpg

insert004.jpg

as a side question

what about safety - i added two smoke detectors (main floor and basement) a Carbon monoxide detector for the main floor and purchased two fire extinguishers

can you guys think of anything else I may need

Thanks again

The blower is going to cost your more then the unit did!! You can call a dealer and have them order you one.
Did it get installed properly with a chimmey liner?

Stevebass4 said:
as a side question

what about safety - i added two smoke detectors (main floor and basement) a Carbon monoxide detector for the main floor and purchased two fire extinguishers

can you guys think of anything else I may need

Thanks again

Good deal on the stove. Looks like you have your basics covered per detector and fire extinguishers.

MSG why worry about a liner, when he has only 10" infront of the loading door.
I"ll bet that stove was installed without a permit. This guy is worried about a blower?
what about safety does that count for anything?

elkimmeg said:
MSG why worry about a liner, when he has only 10" infront of the loading door.
I"ll bet that stove was installed without a permit. This guy is worried about a blower?
what about safety does that count for anything?
looks more like 8" based on the front bricks.
but to be fair we can't see if he has anything else in front of this edge.... It could be tiered down to another pad

Great deal on the stove!!! Do you have a hearth pad in front of the stove?

Thanks guys

The install was done by a local company and i did get a permit however the inspector has not come by yet - i do know i need to put down some sort of fire proof pad down because i don't have the proper clearance from the ash pan to the wood floor (the installer didn't tell me this i found out by reading the manual) I also beleive they did a direct connect - i asked about a liner and the condition of my chimney and they said it was in great shape ?? i may re-line the chimney next year but in all honestly not too sure what i'll gain from it

and thanks MountainStoveGuy for the part number

but in all honestly not too sure what i’ll gain from it

code compliance NFPA 211 cross-sectional code compliance)( do you ha damper block off plate ?

Steve I'm not picking on you but your crappy installers.Who installs a stove and does not know the current code? the cross-sectional code and clearance in front of the loading door The cros-ssectional code, if your chimney is exposed to the outside, rules out direct connections. What is the current condition of the existing fireplace and chimney? Is it NFPA 211 complian? That's a double edge question they did no know NFPA 211 clearance distance to the loading door or cross-sectional code it would be too much to expect they would know a NFPA 211 compliant fireplace/ chimney

n

Got ya - i think they just added a section of pipe inside the flue but in all honestly i was outside when they installed the unit - the fireplace and chimney are in great shape (so i was told) and yes my chimney is outside

Thanks for the info - i'd hate to have to pull the thing out but if it's for safty reasons i will and i'll have another local company come and do it right - i did read here about a place in Franklin ma that comes highly regarded

please pm me we have to talk I think I can really give you a hand Franklin is my neighboring town'
pm me your location and tell me who was the installer?

We were thinking about the 2700i but our pre fab fireplace wont take an insert. Great stove though.

elkimmeg said:
please pm me we have to talk I think I can really give you a hand Franklin is my neighboring town'
pm me your location and tell me who was the installer?

a BIG thanks!! pm sent

Status
Not open for further replies.