Got a strange one....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
My other question....installers put a 6" top plate for 13"x13" terra cotta (ForeverFlex) n a 6"Rain Cap w/ side screen (ForeverFlex) what would i have to do to permantly n correctly add 2 to 3 ft of double walled pipe??
Forever makes a specific part to transition from their liner to the Ventis class-a chimney they sell.

Reactions: brenndatomu
Whatever is causing this, more chimney height is likely required in any event, since it sounds like you are at the marginal limit for height.

Not sure how you would do that exactly - post 17 confused me a bit. Pics might help. The installer might have a solution?
Heres a rough pic of cap...it is about 2.5 fr higher than the peak n about 6 ft away.
Got a strange one....

That doesn't help me with how to extend the chimney, but it might help someone else.

But your roof is a lot less scary than mine is. If that helps any.

It means im tryin to call someone about getting parts....cool your jets....that what i love about tryin to communicate over the damn internet n being a keyboard commando !!!!!!!
Are you dealing with the manufacturer or some online dealer? If you're not that far away we can get the part you need. I just put 2 of these in a couple weeks ago

Are you dealing with the manufacturer or some online dealer? If you're not that far away we can get the part you need. I just put 2 of these in a couple weeks ago
Im not dealing with the dealer i purchased the stove n liner n such from...too exspensive....was googling for info...where to buy?
I live about 12 miles N.W. of Gettysburg,PA.
Yes...i am interested if you can get parts.
Where are you located...do you have ph.# so i may call you?

He means he cant get anyone on the phone. Its email or voicemail or nothing anymore.
Every time I call Olympia who makes forever flex and the needed transition peice and chimney I talk to a real person in scranton.

Every time I call Olympia who makes forever flex and the needed transition peice and chimney I talk to a real person in scranton.
Do you know if Forever Flex makes a transition plate to mount to terra cotta chimney flue to class a pipe.
I looked up Olympia...sent an email early this mornin ..no response. I think you need an account to get a phone#...nothin on there website as far as phone #

Do you know if Forever Flex makes a transition plate to mount to terra cotta chimney flue to class a pipe.
I looked up Olympia...sent an email early this mornin ..no response. I think you need an account to get a phone#...nothin on there website as far as phone #
You need to be a pro to deal with Olympia directly. And they make a transition plate that gets anchored to the top of your chimney not the clay liner.

Home in Pa ...is helping me out...would be really nice to find one to connect to terra cotta flue....we'll see
Why it will be much more secure anchored to the masonry structure. I always take the clay down flush regardless when I install a liner.

Is your liner insulated?

Why it will be much more secure anchored to the masonry structure. I always take the clay down flush regardless when I install a liner.

Is your liner insulated?
Our conversation indicates that the chimney has a 12x12 with a 6" ceramic wool insulated liner in one flue and a second flue for an oil appliance. Trying to get a pic of the chimney to see if he can cut the tile flush, maybe grind the crown out level for a spot to put the plate.

Reactions: bholler
Our conversation indicates that the chimney has a 12x12 with a 6" ceramic wool insulated liner in one flue and a second flue for an oil appliance. Trying to get a pic of the chimney to see if he can cut the tile flush, maybe grind the crown out level for a spot to put the plate.
Ok good.