Got serious today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
My son was running short on time as he had a 2.5 hour trip back to school so we decided to just split some Pin oak and White oak rounds that I had at the house...it was another beautiful day at 60 degrees wearing t-shirts! We split 3 full real cords today before he had to leave. The wife even helped! Which was a good thing as you really need 3 people to run this splitter to its potential...4 people is better but with 3 you can do some damage..

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Reactions: Soundchasm
Make hay while the sun shines. I'm going to start pulling out some logs next weekend , now that the 3 ft of snow we had is gone. Only problem is taking off the snowblower then having to put it back on because , no way is winter over ,yet.

Reactions: Tar12
Make hay while the sun shines. I'm going to start pulling out some logs next weekend , now that the 3 ft of snow we had is gone. Only problem is taking off the snowblower then having to put it back on because , no way is winter over ,yet.
Very little snow here this year...so far. I am hoping to get a huge jump on my firewood supply.