greenwood dealer has a left-over after they went under- what would be a good buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post some pictures of your reskin job and especially the way you make you cleaning ports. I haven't found a way to do it with out putting in new insulation every time you open it up. the insulation get very brittle after it has been baked in the boiler. I have mine double wrapped with insulation on the outside also making it a problem to get down to the inside.

I've had the back of mine apart 3 or 4 times and never replaced the insulation?? It stays on the back panel when i take it off?

Hi, I’m new to gasification (I have fireplace insert in my house) and my house is split level (4 levels). With insert, I have 80 degree in kitchen but 65 in my master bedroom. So I start looking into gasification boilers (have free wood) and find one person locally selling new Greenwood 100 for $3500 and 200 model for $4500. I have 4000 sq ft house.

Is $3500 are good price for the 100 model unit or I should go to Tarm or EKO or any other brands? I heard that the steel inside boiler must be at least ¼ inch. Any particular metal?

Thanks.

The WORST thing about this unit is cleaning heat exchanger. This becomes SUBSTANTIAL because they need to be cleaned often. If you can pick the unit up for under 3K go for it, anything more then that I would buy a regular gassifier. I currently have mine apart again for the umteenth time. Trying to figure out a way to make easy access ports that don't require new insulation every time I clean the HEX. I like the Seton Style boiler except for this HUGE flaw in the design... I would not buy another one for this reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.