1. The Grintch

The Grintch
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Apr 4, 2013
    Loc:
    North Attleboro
    Hello all

I’m looking at pellets for the 2018-2019 season. I’m leaning toward Hamer’s Hot Ones due to price and previous reviews.

Wondering if anyone has any feedback on them from the 2017-2018 season.

Have a good summer!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gutlo

gutlo
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 22, 2009
    Loc:
    eastern connecticut
    They're excellent. Low ash, plenty of heat.

3. The Grintch

The Grintch
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Apr 4, 2013
    Loc:
    North Attleboro
    Thanks for the feedback, the price is right so I'll probably pull the trigger.

Thanks Again!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    Very coarse ash and bit more than i exspected but very goodheat and good price so go get em.

5. tmsjava

tmsjava
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 8, 2018
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Where do you order your pellets from? I have yet to purchase pellets as next winter will really be our first winter with the stove.

6. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    I,m here in Pa.. I buy from a couple local dealers and pretty much stay clear of Big box stores.
    my one dealer carries mostly softwoods which is why i use him..

7. The Grintch

The Grintch
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Apr 4, 2013
    Loc:
    North Attleboro
    Pellets Direct. You can order right on line.

8. jackhammer

jackhammer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2015
    Loc:
    western ma
    Where in Massachusetts are you?

9. The Grintch

The Grintch
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Apr 4, 2013
    Loc:
    North Attleboro
    North Attleboro

10. jackhammer

jackhammer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2015
    Loc:
    western ma
    Tmsjava is in N Attleboro? I was going to offer up a couple sources if close to me. Thanks.

11. pfmaloney

pfmaloney
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 10, 2010
    Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    I bought four tons of Hamer's from Bucks Pellets last year and had to empty my insert's ash pan every three days! When I finally ran out and replenished with whatever Lowes had, the volume of ash drastically declined.

12. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    My dealer also but i buy softwoods from there.very low ash.ezblaze super premos.

13. Jack Morrissey

Jack Morrissey
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Stoughton, Ma
    I was also thinking of buying Hamer's, after researching on here im not sure.... not the best reviews

14. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    the hamers are very very hot.... the ash is a heavy coarse type and a bit much but I would buy them before BBS pellets specially if the price is good..BUT, i have a free standing stove with a very large ashpan that can go weeks without emptying...if I had an insert it would be much more often with any pellets..just sayin.>>