Handle Nut Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

avsmusic1

Burning Hunk
Jul 26, 2012
CT
I apologize in advance as this may be the dumbest questions asked here today but I want to be safe.

I have a regency 2400 insert and lost the door assembly nut that holds the latch on the interior of the stove. Regency parts only sells the full assembly for $60 but I only need the nut. Obviously I can get a nut at any number of places, but I'm wondering if I need something special given it's going to be inside the firebox.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Take the assembly with you match the nut thread.

Note that the nut will probably be metric thread.

So I don't need anything special - anything at the hardware store that fits is fair game?

So your setting up a new stove install if this was mine used or new Black steel nut with washer nothing special dealer if new should of give nut to you

Reactions: WiscWoody
So I don't need anything special - anything at the hardware store that fits is fair game?
I wouldn’t think so, if you have some anti-seize you can put some on the threads. The oils in the anti-seize will burn up but the copper or aluminum in it might survive to make the it easier to disassemble later on down the road.

swung through the local hardware shop and snagged one - thanks all

I was hoping it would it would be that simple ;lol

What is the size, thread?