Hardwood Heat pellet review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhagerty

Jan 10, 2011
Southern NH
I picked-up 12 bags of Hardwood Heat from a local TSC ($4.29 a bag) and I put a few bags through my Accenta insert. Results were very good, great heat as compared to my other pellets. I would say they were slightly hotter than the Cleanfire I am burning but not quite as hot as the six bags of Cubex, I tried. When you compare cost however Hardwood Heat wins out as I can pick-up a ton for $214 vs. $275 for the Cubex. They were also a lot hotter that the Maine Woods and the Freedom Fuel I tried.

As far as ash goes, they were about the same as the Cleanfire, which is good. Cubex was on par with Cleanfire, Maine Woods was a little ashier and Freedom fuel had the most ash.

Up next…Stove Chow, I hope these are as good as Hardwood Heat because I can get these even cheaper at $187 a ton!

I just picked up 5 bags at tractor supply. They are selling for 189 ton in Lewiston Maine. My understanding is that these are re-bagged hamer hot ones. I love them. They give me a crazy huge flame and a lot of heat in my mt vernon AE. Had to play with the settings a bit to get more air and to get the flame down. But they burn hot and clean for me. Very little fines and low ash. They are small pellets though and that is probably why they feed so fast. I plan on buying a ton very soon.

mhagerty said:
I picked-up 12 bags of Hardwood Heat from a local TSC ($4.29 a bag) and I put a few bags through my Accenta insert. Results were very good, great heat as compared to my other pellets. I would say they were slightly hotter than the Cleanfire I am burning but not quite as hot as the six bags of Cubex, I tried. When you compare cost however Hardwood Heat wins out as I can pick-up a ton for $214 vs. $275 for the Cubex. They were also a lot hotter that the Maine Woods and the Freedom Fuel I tried.

As far as ash goes, they were about the same as the Cleanfire, which is good. Cubex was on par with Cleanfire, Maine Woods was a little ashier and Freedom fuel had the most ash.

Up next…Stove Chow, I hope these are as good as Hardwood Heat because I can get these even cheaper at $187 a ton!

Where did you find the Stove Chow's ? I can't find them anywhere from Londonderry to Concord.

I found them at Lowes in Haverhill, MA, right off of Rt 495 about 15 miles from my house in Hampstead, NH. Seems like they had plenty.

I'll have to pick some up, my grandparents live in Salem.

Thanks for the heads-up on Hardwood Heat pellets. This is my rookie year on a pellet stove (Harman Accentra) and purchased a ton of Lignetics 3 weeks ago after reading good reviews on them. The reviews were right, but Tractor Supply is out of stock. Out of Hamers also. I need a bit more of a reserve so one ton of Hardwood Heat coming up...

Fast427 said:
Thanks for the heads-up on Hardwood Heat pellets. This is my rookie year on a pellet stove (Harman Accentra) and purchased a ton of Lignetics 3 weeks ago after reading good reviews on them. The reviews were right, but Tractor Supply is out of stock. Out of Hamers also. I need a bit more of a reserve so one ton of Hardwood Heat coming up...

If you have a Home Depot nearby, check for the Stove Chow at $187/ton.....getting great reviews & a great price.

Ok thanks. Right now the Hardwood Heat is also selling at $187/ton at TSupply - only 8 miles from home.
Now if I can only figure out how to heat hot water with pellets I'd be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.