Harman Accentra - 2 FS will not shut down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roznowj

Sep 3, 2015
NJ
Last season I ran into an issue with my Harman Accentra FS pellet stove. The unit would not shut down. I have run the unit for 6 years now with the same room temp. setting, pellets and the room sensor in the same location and have not changed anything. I am a fanatic when it comes to cleaning the unit and do so every two weeks. I use a toothbrush and shop vac to thoroughly clean the unit. I even have an extension on the brush to get all the way through the exhaust past the ESP and also take the back apart and vacuum out the fines where the pellets drop.

The issue occurs when the room gets too hot and it does not shut down on its own or after I turn it to the off position it will not shutdown. The stove continues to feed the smallest amount of pellets just to keep the fire going. It appears that approx. every 30 seconds or so the auger will turn a rotation.

In order to shut the unit down I would just open the hopper lid and this would then stop the auger and the fire will eventually go out. the combustion blower will usually remain on until I then close the lid.

I am not sure if I just need a new ESP, room sensor, or what, but it appears there are some very knowledgeable people on this site so I figured I would ask.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

It seems to me that there was a similar thread last year (maybe not an Accentra, but a Harman). I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for the quick response. I am positive the switch is in the auto position. I guess the first thing I should try is to take the ESP out and clean it with emery cloth. If that doesn't work, what do you think I should do next? I would like to get a DDM but pretty pricey.

Last season I ran into an issue with my Harman Accentra FS pellet stove. The unit would not shut down. I have run the unit for 6 years now with the same room temp. setting, pellets and the room sensor in the same location and have not changed anything. I am a fanatic when it comes to cleaning the unit and do so every two weeks. I use a toothbrush and shop vac to thoroughly clean the unit. I even have an extension on the brush to get all the way through the exhaust past the ESP and also take the back apart and vacuum out the fines where the pellets drop.

The issue occurs when the room gets too hot and it does not shut down on its own or after I turn it to the off position it will not shutdown. The stove continues to feed the smallest amount of pellets just to keep the fire going. It appears that approx. every 30 seconds or so the auger will turn a rotation.

In order to shut the unit down I would just open the hopper lid and this would then stop the auger and the fire will eventually go out. the combustion blower will usually remain on until I then close the lid.

I am not sure if I just need a new ESP, room sensor, or what, but it appears there are some very knowledgeable people on this site so I figured I would ask.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

Roznowj,
Same thing happened to my P61A a few years ago.
No amount of esp cleaning or control board settings would allow it to shut off and cycle off like it used. Bit the bullet and bought another control board for $199 with free shipping. Running fine since. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response. I am positive the switch is in the auto position.

Just check it one more time for giggles - and take a pic so you really have to look at it. I've seen a couple of posts in the past where the owner swore their stove was in auto. After 2-3 pages of helpful hints and tips, the OP came back to say - oops, it was the switch; the switch got bumped during cleaning or some other event. Not saying that is the case here, just the stupidly easy things are the ones that tend to trip us up the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.