Harman Accentra 52i - Combustion Blower Run Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledfoot

Just fired up our insert and was wondering what the typical run time is for the combustion blower after the temp has been turned down or set point has been reached.

I had been running the stove for about 5-6 hrs and was planning to leave for the week, so turned off the stove. The fire burned out shortly there after then within 15-20 minutes the convection blower stopped, but the combustion blower continued for another 30 minutes.
Is this normal?

We have a older Quadra-Fire CB 1200 that shuts down completely after maybe 20 minutes.
I realize the Harman is a completely different animal, but was just curious why the 52i's blower went so much longer?

Thanks In advance!

Combustion blower run time varies after the fire is out, varies with ambient temp. and how hot the stove was during shutdown. The ESP(exhaust sense probe) will shut the blower off when it sees roughly 90 degs. F. So if it's warm out or the stove was really hot before you shut it down it can take quite a while before the blower shuts down. If you haven't yet, check out the sticky on how your Harman works. This item may be in there.

Normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.