Harman Accentra insert auger not moving

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I went to start the stove for the first time just to make sure everything is working ok and the auger wont feed any pellets the stove new only 1 year old and i cleaned it before the summer just went to start it and will not feed any pellets the top is closed and the door is closed the lights come on but the auger motor wont feed the hopper is cleaned out it worked fine at the end of the year any suggestions for an easy fix before i call the service tech its under warranty thanks

Are there any blinking error codes? Did you by chance stuff something in the vent to keep the moisture out and not remove it?

no i do not have an OAK and ill check the vent pipe maybe something is stuck in it i have a cap on it and it goes through my roof in the garage. Would a blockage in the chimney cause the feed auger not to move. there is no error codes and I don't hear the blower start up but if i put it to test the blower starts thanks for your help

Did you happen to run the stove in test mode for 1 minute before starting it to prime the auger? Is the auger actually turning or not?

yes ran in test mode the fan came on but the auger did not move

If it's under warranty, call the dealer and let them take care of it that way they can go over the whole unit and make sure everything is ok. Take advantage of the warranty while you can.

Reactions: DAKSY
If I remember correctly a blockage in the vent would cause the auger to not turn. If it's not that, I would give the dealer a call since it's under warranty. You shouldn't have to trouble-shoot a 1 year old stove after you've checked out the possible obvious culprits.

Which fans came on when you ran the test mode? They both should start and spin?

If the combustion fan does not come on and spin up the auger will not operate.

Problem solved the combustion fan was clogged a bird flew down the chimney and i have a cap but there was not a screen on the cap. I took the fan apart and removed the bird replaced the fan cleaned out the fan and tested all ok thanks for your help. Bring on the cold

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
Status
Not open for further replies.