harman circuit board for p61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly

Dec 27, 2013
rockwood
just looking to get a spare board for the old stove and can I use the Harman 1-00-05886 board with the black esp and change the dip switch setting - am I correct - or do I need a different board all together thanks

You can use the new board with the black or red ESP. Just change the dip switches. Now an older board likes to have the black ESP.

How old is your P61? Have you had any issues with it yet or needed to fix / replace anything? Thanks

How old is your P61? Have you had any issues with it yet or needed to fix / replace anything? Thanks
Understand that I bought used but believe these stoves are the best available - I got under warranty a new auger body and burn pot - they tend to burn through right at the auger tip/ burn pot , Harman forwarded the parts - I had to install . and I have replaced the esp - you cant go wrong with them other than a gas stove if gas is available . or you can burn wood .

Understand that I bought used but believe these stoves are the best available - I got under warranty a new auger body and burn pot - they tend to burn through right at the auger tip/ burn pot , Harman forwarded the parts - I had to install . and I have replaced the esp - you cant go wrong with them other than a gas stove if gas is available . or you can burn wood .
I did forget to mention that I don't have a problem with the board nor have I heard of problems with the boards - the spare board is only when or if I did have a power surge that got past my recommended surge protector I would have it covered and continue heating comfortably . I do not wish to suggest that the boards are known for , what is known is that when power outages occur the brown power while bringing back power can deliver spikes that can blow out small resistors in the board - get a surge protector and blow the fuse on that instead - hope this helps

Newegg had a great buy on a 1500 Cyberpower UPS($100) that would be a better option than a purchase of another CB and #!** surge strip

Status
Not open for further replies.