Harman P43 Auger Not Turning Please Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simoni21

Dec 11, 2013
Connecticut
GOT HOME YESTERDAY AND STOVE WAS NOT RUNNING. HOPPER FULL OF PELLETS. CLEANED STOVE. CLEANED ESP PROBE WITH A SOFT BRUSH. NO BUILD-UP IN FLUE PIPE. ALL OTHER MOTORS OPERATE CORRECTLY. AFTER TAPPING ON AUGER FROM THE FRONT OF THE STOVE IT WOULD SPIN A LITTLE THEN STOP. ALL DOORS ARE CLOSED WHEN TRYING TO FIRE AND GASKETS LOOK GOOD. I PULLED THE AUGER ASSEMBLY OUT TO MAKE SURE NOTHING WAS STUCK IN THE AUGER TUBE, DID NOT SEE ANYTHING. THIS MORNING I AGAIN PULLED THE AUGER ASSEMBLY OUT AND I AM NOT ABLE TO SPIN THE AUGER AT ALL BY HAND! IM ASSUMING THE MOTOR IS BAD BUT NOT 100%. THE FEED MOTOR LIGHT DOES LIGHT UP ON THE BOARD SHOWING IT IS TRYING TO SPIN. THE BOLT ON THE AUGER SHAFT IS TIGHT.
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
BOUGHT STOVE BRAND NEW 3 MONTHS AGO
HARMAN P43
BURNING GREEN SUPREME PELLETS FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY

First, take the Caps Lock off. No need to yell. Second, disconnect the auger from the motor & hot wire the motor to a wall outlet. That will tell you if the motor has seized or failed...

Reactions: DevinM88
First, take the Caps Lock off. No need to yell. Second, disconnect the auger from the motor & hot wire the motor to a wall outlet. That will tell you if the motor has seized or failed...
Haha sorry DAKSY. I Plugged the motor into an outlet and the shaft does not spin but I feel the motor vibrating like it's trying to run.

Did you loosen the screw to disconnect the motor from the auger?
Yes image.jpg

Yes, still under warranty.

Thanks for the help! New motor is on the way to my house now
Hate hearing my boiler running thats fueled by OIL!

So the stove is 3 months old and it needs an auger motor?? Where was the dealer in all this? You did the troubleshooting, they (who are they?) are sending you a new motor, you are installing it, and what happens to the old motor ??

So the stove is 3 months old and it needs an auger motor?? Where was the dealer in all this? You did the troubleshooting, they (who are they?) are sending you a new motor, you are installing it, and what happens to the old motor ??
Yeah I'm not super excited that I had to replace the auger motor already. I called my dealer last night, didn't hear back so I decided to troubleshoot myself. He called me back today (the next day) I told him what I found. I met up with him because he was out on a job and he gave me a new auger motor he had at his shop and he took the old (bad) motor. I wasn't pleased the way he handled it but I was more in the mind set of getting the stove back up and running.

Just curious...What do you think the dealer could have done better? Seems you took the initiative to troubleshoot the stove....he contacted you the following morning and supplied you with a new motor. I probably would have done the troubleshooting myself too......but don't see how much more the dealer could have done.

Understandable that you want to get the stove running again..and being bitter cold, here at least...I know I would not be happy and probably would have done the same. Dealer should be thankful you did all the work. Dealer needs old motor in case Harman wants it back after filing warranty claim..Hope you are up and running..

[quoter="mikkeeh, post: 1600830, member: 20226"]Just curious...What do you think the dealer could have done better? Seems you took the initiative to troubleshoot the stove....he contacted you the following morning and supplied you with a new motor. I probably would have done the troubleshooting myself too......but don't see how much more the dealer could have done.[/quote]
He made it pretty clear he wasn't making a special trip to my house to drop the motor. Again not a big deal I was off today and I was eager to get the stove up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.