Harman P43 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it works out for ya. Lets us know. The gasket replacement is easy. Good suggestions above on removal. Basically once you get going you can improvise with whatever to get the glue off. I think I used a flat screw driver and then got it to a point and just hit it with a wire brush. Manual style. I have a Dremel and all sorts of fun tools but didn't take the time to plug anything in. A cheap wire brush will work fine but if you have a cordless drill and a wire wheel you'll have less sweat equity into it.

Just another thought on the blow back or down draft. Maybe this is also contributed to your leaky fire box and ash pan gaskets. My thought is that it would be easier for the blowing winds to compete inside due to the fact you have lost some pressurization inside. Another words it is now easier for the winds to infiltrate your stove. When it is sealed up tight the winds would have to push harder to come in.

That and it is now a problem when is wasn't in the past under same conditions. The ropes being weak is what has changed. Not sure but worth thinking about.

Reactions: bogieb
It warmed up today so I took the ash pan door off . it was not closing tight. since the gasket looks new but flat I just fluffed it up by pinching it put the door back on closed a lot tighter hooked up the low pressure switch which I had jumped in order for the stove to operate. I started it up running perfect for 2 hours flame looks great auger is finally feeding without jumping the low pressure switch so the culprit was the ash pan gasket. thanks to all the people here for helping me a great bunch here

Glad to hear ...

That's cool! Cheap and easy always works for me.

It warmed up today so I took the ash pan door off . it was not closing tight. since the gasket looks new but flat I just fluffed it up by pinching it put the door back on closed a lot tighter hooked up the low pressure switch which I had jumped in order for the stove to operate. I started it up running perfect for 2 hours flame looks great auger is finally feeding without jumping the low pressure switch so the culprit was the ash pan gasket. thanks to all the people here for helping me a great bunch here
Hi, when you said, "stove would shut down", did it actually shut down or look like it went into maintenance mode? My stove after it gets hot will slow down. the flame is lazy and not putting out a good heat. appears the burn pot is low on pellets and my feed rate is set to 6.

OK , when my P61 was new the ash pan door never closed really tight. The gasket looked skinny to me and also I had an air leak in the lower right corner as proven by a flame test from a charcoal grill lighter, the flame got sucked right in. So I went to the hardware store and bought next size up gasket and installed that, the door then closed as I thought it should and no air leak. But my air leak never shot the stove down anyway, even though about 4" of that gasket area leaked. I only tested it with fire because the door felt loose to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.