Harman P68 Exhaust Sensor Probe failing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JTP68

Dec 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Hi. I believe my ESP on my Harman P68 is failing. My question is how do I use a multimeter to test both the probe and the plug? What should I set the Multimeter to and what should the reading be? Thanks.

Have you cleaned the ESP? How old is the stove?

What are the symptoms you are having that leads you to believe that the esp is going bad? As far as cleaning esp, just look in the tunnel and make sure ash is not pile up around it. I run a 3" pellet vent brush in and out the tunnel a few times then shop vac loose ash out and it is good to go. There is no need to pull it out and clean it. They are not that precise just sensing temp of exhaust.