Harman tl 300 damper problem for two years

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgobeille

Feb 6, 2013
I bought a Harman TL 300 12/2010. I use it for three months then I started to have a damper problem. I would open the stove with the handle on the left side. Loaded wood on top and tried to shut the damper once it was time. I could not close it al all. It would not let me push the handle back. This went on for several weeks. I called the dealer and they finally came and replaced the damper frame. Because of the damper not closing the combustion chamber had to be replaced because of over firing.

So the dealer replaced the combustion pkg, damper frame and adjusted the damper tension. With that being said I was charged $432.69. ( labor cost. Parts and shipping I was charged )

One month later same problem. Ok by this time I have had it. They came back and repaired damper again. Told me not to use stove because combustion chamber damaged. So had to wait to be replaced again..

Spring came and I just started using the stove this year in January. Yes it happened again. Loaded stove and could not shut damper over fired. And yes here we go again.
Does any one else out there have this issue. PLEASE HELP ME.

What weren't you charged for, man! I would email the company and tell them the situation and demand it replaced. I would call the dealer and tell them this thing is turd and demand it replaced!

Oh, and tell them what you were charged for before and refuse to pay for nothing other than shipping if need be for a new stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.