Harman touch control "Authorized dealer only" menu

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newguy12345

Jan 25, 2018
USA
Those of us with Harman TC stoves are only able to change certain settings on the stove without help from the dealer. For example, if you need to change your combustion fan speed, you can only access that setting in the "Authorized dealer only" area.

Many of us are perfectly capable of making informed adjustments to the stoves that we paid for. I made it a mission to figure out how to get into the secret menu. After about an hour of messing around, I figured it out. I'm posting this anonymously, just as a precaution.

- Go to diagnostics screen
- Go to page 6
- Touch blank space in lower right hand corner
- Enter password 1979. Took me about 5 guesses after 1234, 1111, etc. 1979 is the year Harman was founded.
- Enjoy, and don't blame me if you screw something up, void your warranty, or whatever. Or go ahead and blame me, because you have no idea who I am.

Some of the more useful things you can change in this menu:
- Ignition charge time (not certain what this means to be honest)
- Combustion fan low and high limits
- Power failure options
- Temp sensor calibration
- Whisper mode adjustment

eeWC7vLl.jpg

GKjzOm5l.jpg

Reactions: Cody901
Thank you Newguy12345. I new someone would crack the code to get into the hidden settings menu.

I purchased an Allure in November 2017. After I installed the unit I went back to the dealer and asked them how to access the combustion blower fan speed because the low fan rpm needs an increase. They would not show me how to do it. They said they have never had to make adjustments. They didn't even offer to send a service tech to come and check out the stove. I would have paid them a service call just to check the stove. Harman went to the touch screen control to make it easier for the service tech to trouble shoot a problem. The flame is a little orange and it just needs a little more speed. That dealer is on my do not call list. I had a Piazzetta Monia and I loved being able to go into the stove control and make adjustments. Great stove It was to small for the area I was trying to heat.

After I installed the unit I went back to the dealer and asked them how to access the combustion blower fan speed because the low fan rpm needs an increase. They would not show me how to do it.
That's the thing. You installed the unit yourself, you need to be able to adjust it so that it burns correctly. Before the TC control a lot of these settings could be adjusted right on the control board.

I went home last night and got right into the menu to make adjustments. I increased the combustion blower rpm to 2550. Wow what a difference in the flame color nice and bright like my old P61A and it lowered the exhaust gas temp. Lots of heat output. I adjusted the pellet feed lower and I'm getting the same heat output. I also adjusted the whisper mode. Increased to 15% blower speed. I want to go to the dealer and show them what a little adjustment to the combustion fan speed does. Then give them a big smile and say I new there was a way to make adjustments and walk out the door.

Thank you for posting this information. Just think how many stoves out there that could use a little adjustment to make them run more efficiently. Your not a good service tech if you want make changes to the operation of the stove that you just installed.

Thanks again for posting this information.

Making these fine tune adjustments is necessary as users use different types of pellets to maximize heat output. Tuning in a stove is possible by most of us as we know these stoves better than ........... :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went home last night and got right into the menu to make adjustments. I increased the combustion blower rpm to 2550. Wow what a difference in the flame color nice and bright like my old P61A and it lowered the exhaust gas temp. Lots of heat output. I adjusted the pellet feed lower and I'm getting the same heat output. I also adjusted the whisper mode. Increased to 15% blower speed. I want to go to the dealer and show them what a little adjustment to the combustion fan speed does. Then give them a big smile and say I new there was a way to make adjustments and walk out the door.

Thank you for posting this information. Just think how many stoves out there that could use a little adjustment to make them run more efficiently. Your not a good service tech if you want make changes to the operation of the stove that you just installed.

Thanks again for posting this information.
Glad to hear it! I just googled "Harman TC dealer menu" and this thread was already the second result, right after someone else asking if anyone knew how to crack the code lol. I hope this helps some others.

- Ignition charge time (not certain what this means to be honest)

Ignition charge time, I believe is similar to the dip switch settings on the newer 3 knob circuit boards. It allows more time to fill the burn pot with pellets during startup because the larger models have larger burn pots. Therefore there are different settings for stoves with different BTU outputs. Larger BTU stoves have larger burn pots and need more time to fill up with pellets during ignition. :)

Thanks for the info. :)