Harman: what price "whisper mode"?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rarewolf

Oct 18, 2017
Newfoundland
We are just getting used to our Absolute 43, and I just noticed that programming the stove to turn on/off relative to thermostat settings defeats the "whisper" setting. That is, each program (wake, morning, evening, night) turns off the quiet mode.

This got me thinking ... maybe the quiet mode has a down side(?) Does the heat exchanger operate less efficiently when "whisper" mode is engaged?

On the other hand, maybe I missed something. It would be a nice feature if I could program the stove to run most efficiently in the morning, while running quietly in the evening(?)

TIA [emoji4]

Edit: I found where I could program each step to enable/disable the whisper mode. However, whether or not whisper mode decreases heat exchanger efficiency remains unanswered...

Last edited: