Harman xxv new flooring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rick1524

Feb 22, 2020
Ohio
I just removed the carpet and put in hardwood flooring. The stove sits 1/4 inch higher than exhaust now. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? Currently I have a wall pass thru with outside air. Does anyone make a 3” flex appliance adapter?

Thanks
Rick

There is not enough give to get it recoupled? Maybe remove screws that secure pass thru to inside wall and see if you can get a little give?

Pull your pipe out of the thimble, take the thimble apart, cut the hole 1/4 higher with a sawzaw. Your thimble should have enough trim to cover 1/4” unless the original hole was way too big. Flex pipe is only to be used in wood burning chimney systems.

Reactions: Ssyko and DAKSY
Guys thanks for the replays. I think the first step is for me to take the wall pass thru apart to see if I can get any movement.

That is what I would do. You can also take screws out of outside part. You can probably get enough to get it hooked back up.