Harman XXV Start Up Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaj

Feb 5, 2011
Connecticut
I cleaned the stove to get ready for the new season. Then I went to light it to make sure everything was working ok. Here's the issue. Igniter set to auto, turn knob to Room Temp side and combustion blower comes on only for half a second & then stops. Nothing happening. Turn it to the stove temp side, and everything appears to work although it did take a very long time to light (could be an unrelated issue). Also, if I set the igniter switch to manual, stove will start up on Room Temp side or stove temp side. Any ideas?

Could be the Room Temp - Stove Temp pot switch ( short for potentiometer?). I had a similar problem with my Accentra last year and that's what it was. I ordered a new one online from Brunners (http://www.pelletblowers.com), pulled my board and got it soldered in, and my stove is now working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.