Harman XXV won’t run in Room Temp Mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don Myers

Nov 29, 2012
The Isle of Vermont
2011 Harman XXV no longer works in room temperature mode, runs for like 1 second with no control panel lights on. Runs fine in stove temperature mode. Tried new room temperature thermocouple wires, installed new control board p/n 3-20-05886F. Old control board taken out was p/n 3-20-05886E.
For all the years I’ve run the stove it has been in room temperature mode, only thing I’ve had to change was a room temp thermocouple wire 8 years ago.
Anyone have any other suggestions?

did you change the thermocouple wire before changing the electronic card

try reversing the thermocouple wire connections

follow the wire from the electronic board to the connection where your thermocouple wire connects if there is a junction there may be a bad contact disconnect it and reconnect it

follow the wire from the electronic board to the connection where your thermocouple wire connects if there is a junction there may be a bad contact disconnect it and reconnect it
Project for tomorrow, will check it out. Thanks
So today I removed the small panel to get to the fines chamber and the esp probe, cleaned out fines chamber and he exhaust probe. Could also see and checked the wiring for the thermocouple wire which seemed fine. Gave inside the stove a good cleaning as it still wouldn’t run in room temperature mode and I was going to call the dealer on Monday. Last thing I wanted to do was to clean exhaust pipe which I do from the outside, have a brush along with a 2-3 ft flexible hose that connects to ash vacuum that I shove in to the exhaust pipe and I gave that a cleaning. Went in a tried the stove out and it works as it normally did in room temp mode. Find it strange as I can tell when the exhaust needs cleaning as the stove glass get a real dark color and it wasn’t. So I guess I’m back in business, my 12 year old stove has new thermocouple wire, new control board, had a good cleaning just in time for the warmer weather.
Thanks for chiming in. Don

n

Reactions: Washed-Up
if you moved the wire of the thermocouple to see if it was well connected when you checked it this may be enough to have a good connection because it does not take much because the current which circulates is in millivolts by moving it the connection s probably made good contact again.
I think that's more the trouble and not the cleaning.
but the most important thing is that now the stove heats up to room temperature and keeps you warm