Harmon Accentra Insert keep blowing fuse on circuit board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrbgrant

Jan 25, 2018
massachusetts
Sorry to bother the team one more time, I purchased two used stoves this winter (instead of rebuilding my 10 year old Englanders). My newest purchase was a 2004 Harmon Accentra insert. Upon my initial assessment, everything seems to be in order, with the exception of a blown fuse. I check the wiring harness and fixed one broken wire. but upon energizing the unit I blew another fuse. does anyone have any idea what type of short in the system is most likely blow a fuse.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mr Grant

Any short, any high amprage draw can blow the fuse. I would unplug all components and see if the fuse blows. Then hook up one component at a time using a 3amp fuse in line with each component. You’ll be able to trace it quickly that way. Let us know how you make out.

Reactions: heat seeker
Any short, any high amprage draw can blow the fuse. I would unplug all components and see if the fuse blows. Then hook up one component at a time using a 3amp fuse in line with each component. You’ll be able to trace it quickly that way. Let us know how you make out.

Great, thank you for that, I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

What ssyko said. If the fuse blows with everything disconnected, probably a diode is shorted on the board. It's an easy and cheap fix if you can solder on a circuit board.

Reactions: Ssyko