harmon accentra install and insurance company question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffresources

Mar 3, 2014
sw missouri
I bought a used harmon accentra and the install is Monday. My insurance State Farm has a booklet about stoves with required measurements, etc. BUT it says" unless UL stove manufacturer has other requirements".
According to my agent this double speak means they will accept the factory's "minimum" requirements as long as they are written down.
The factory install manual says you must vent 48" from the side open window that opens OR 9" if you install a fresh air vent.
Since I only have 40" from the window to the corner to use it looks like I will have to have a fresh air vent installed?
Any thoughts on this?...also what should I expect to pay for fresh air vent?

State Farm around here is very nit picky about any free standing stove...they want to inspect or pics.

You can have the outside air in the same hole in the wall.Check harman flue systems and selkirk.Parts cost more,install the same,and only 1 hole in wall.

I saw in the owners/install manual they offered something like that....I will request it from the installers....better check on price first though

Excited about no more cold basement! We bought a quad 1200 insert for the upstairs and were thrilled by the results!

Status
Not open for further replies.