harmon p61 pellet stove sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's direct drive auger motor so I'd say yes to the ignitor failing first or even the combustion blower depending on how badly neglected the stove was.
Did you check the draft? pellet stoves tend to take longer to ignite when dirty which helps tell you when they need cleaning, this can be attributed to lack of airflow or draft (of course it could be the ignitor too). But since you cleaned it (and it was neglected) make sure the intake flapper is moving freely, and the vent has no restrictions in it...
Do you use outside air?
What is your vent setup?
Welcome to the Hearth..........

I have not yet set it up to draw air from outside. So it's just using the air in the basement, which is not especially tight. I may set up the fresh air intake if the stove doesn't seem to perform well or if we notice the air quality going downhill.
I am venting into a masonry chimney which has a ceramic liner. Probably not precisely to code, but it resembles one of the installations in the manual.

I'll watch the intake flapper closely next time I start it.

mkmh said:
HarryBack said:

Perfect! This was exactly what I was looking for. I have a honeywell RTH2308...i'll probably take my chances with it rather than buy a brand new set back right out of the gate. Hopefully the jumper will be as easy to get to as it was on my St Croix Hastings stove. Does anyone have the technical bulletin electronically or should I just contact Harmon? I'd love to get a picture of the board so I can see a graphical representation of where the jumper is. (hopefully it'll be obvious when I open it)

Your wish is my command, at least for the tech bulletin:

(attatched pdf file)

ack! doesnt seem I can attatch the pdf! sry!

Status
Not open for further replies.