Harmon Stove Accentra Doesn’t Start- Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPELLET

Dec 20, 2008
Westchester, NY
The stove is 2 years old. The stove shut down 2 nights ago. I replaced the fuse and the second I plug it in - it blows again. I have looked for a short but can't find a loose or cut wire. Any suggestions would be helpful. I hate the sound of my oil burner running.

Thanks

2 years old ...should be under warranty...
blowing a fuse...could be control board..could be alot of things..
I dont know if the fans go thru the fuse or just the control card voltages..
but if you dont see anything fell into the stove wiring or anything..then I would call your dealer

Thanks for the reply- "I'm on the list"- the dealer said he can come out in 3-4 weeks because they are so busy. I'm hoping- maybe someone else had this issue and could help me solve. Honestly I would go another direction but I don't know who to call.

Sounds like the board got fried, probably a power spike.

At least oil is cheaper than pellets right now.

You've called Harman?...Perhaps other dealers can get there more quickly with a little "nudge" from Corporate?

Jim

Thanks Jim-

I'm trying that route plus a personal visit later today to the location I bought the stove. Other dealers don't want to get involved since I didn't purchase the stove from them. I know there is a business opportunity here somewhere. I hear you on the oil- but it's funny when the stove isn't running - it feels like a house instead of home. My kids and pets keep looking at me to get the stove going. Wish me luck- or Santa Claus.

IMHO... It's pretty short sighted for non-selling dealers to turn away service work. It would make a great opportunity to make a sale in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.