Harmon zc enclosure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fire6000

Oct 12, 2019
California
I ordered the Harmon zero clearance box for the accentera 52i. Should be in stock tomorrow,so I have yet to see it in person.
Reading through the instructions, it says the front of the box should be flush with the finish of the wall. But if you attach it to the face of the studs, then the sheet rock or stone, tile etc would be sticking out past the face of the box?
Has anyone installed one of these? Do I fur out the stud I attach to, compensating for the drywall and tile? Just trying to plan ahead. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Your ZC box should be flush with whatever your finish - Marble, granite, tile, faux stone, etc.
Therefore, it needs to be proud of the wall framing.
When you slide the insert into the box, it will sit flush against the finish & hide the box.

You will want to leave a gap between the face of the zero clearance box and your framing that is the same depth as you’re finished material. You’re gonna want to run your pipe while you have everything just framed as well. Then whenever everything is done you can just slide the stove into your box and pull the pipe down to it. Use an adjustable piece at the bottom of your pipe right before your stove adapter so you can pull it down to the stove. Also, screw all your joints except for that adjustable so that whenever you are trying to get your adjustable pulled down to your stove you don’t unlock 15 or 20 foot of pipe and have it come down on you. I had an adjustable that was stuck one time that I had to twist to get down to the stove and the installer who had run all the pipe had not screwed all the joints so then I was stuck trying to feed 15 foot of pipe back onto the piece of pipe hanging down from the attic. Not a fun time. It’s not a bad idea to put just a little bit or something slippery on that adjustable so it slides