Hart & Cooley 6TOP30 Chimney Pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aranyic

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2015
Ohio
I've got a workshop that's got an old oil furnace in it. It's got stainless steel pipe from it all the way through the roof manufactured by Hart & Cooley. It is marked 'HT' and the pieces are marked '6TOP30'. I'm having trouble tracking down the pipe (I know it's older) to see if it's oil only or if it's all fuel. The current pipe is labeled with a TLC marking. Made me go back up and double check what I read.

Anyone know if it could be hooked up to wood pending an inspection? If it's not all fuel at this point won't even bring a sweep out to take a look at the interior condition.

If it's labeled HT then you'll be ok with wood burning. Have it inspected first. Do you see TLC on any of the labels on your pipe?

No tlc anywhere that I found. There were no paper labels what so ever on the pipe. What I did find was actually stamped into the metal on each section. I sent an email to the Ohio rep I'll see if I get any response dating when they may have manufactured that type?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got a email back from the rep and what I read as a O is actually a D. Should have figured that one out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did he say if TLC or super-vent was compatible? Or is the stuff still made?

Made from 1982 to 2006 the TDP line was replaced with TLC line. There is an adapter part# 6TD-TLCA to go from the old pipe to new if needed. TD pipe is rated for wood, coal or oil burning.

Made from 1982 to 2006 the TDP line was replaced with TLC line. There is an adapter part# 6TD-TLCA to go from the old pipe to new if needed. TD pipe is rated for wood, coal or oil burning.
Cool. We use TLC pipe all the time. The most recent pipe has laser welded seams. It has a satin finish, it likely won't match your current pipe in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.