Have you guys seen these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
know how, and a couple tools, you can do even more.

Sad to admit I don't enough of the above mentioned, including money, to do much more that my saws and wedges!;em

Sad to admit I don't enough of the above mentioned, including money, to do much more that my saws and wedges!;em

Looks like you have plenty already. Some very nice saws and a nice tractor. Just need to add more to the mix over time. Over time, the proper tools and know how allow you to do more yourself and in less time. This gives you more money and time to invest elsewhere. It is a snowball effect. I have had my Craftsman hand tools for 23 years now and they have paid for themselves so many times over it is insane. If I could not do all the repairs to my 1998 Ford Taurus, we would have had to replace the car a long, long time ago.

At the end of waterfowl season, I completely stripped down my Benelli SBE, which is 5 months older than my Ford Taurus. Put the recoil spring, mag spring, recoil spring tube, mag end plug, bolt, and trigger assembly in the ultrasonic cleaner. Dragged the bore snake through the barrel a couple times. Everything came out nice and shiny. As I was putting it all back together, my wife came in, looked at all the parts all over the counter, and asked "What do people do that don't know how to do this stuff." My reply was, "They take the gun to the gunsmith when it no longer works and pay to get it fixed. Just like taking a car to a mechanic when it is not working right."

Reactions: loon
Looks like you have plenty already. Some very nice saws and a nice tractor. Just need to add more to the mix over time. Over time, the proper tools and know how allow you to do more yourself and in less time. This gives you more money and time to invest elsewhere. It is a snowball effect. I have had my Craftsman hand tools for 23 years now and they have paid for themselves so many times over it is insane. If I could not do all the repairs to my 1998 Ford Taurus, we would have had to replace the car a long, long time ago.

At the end of waterfowl season, I completely stripped down my Benelli SBE, which is 5 months older than my Ford Taurus. Put the recoil spring, mag spring, recoil spring tube, mag end plug, bolt, and trigger assembly in the ultrasonic cleaner. Dragged the bore snake through the barrel a couple times. Everything came out nice and shiny. As I was putting it all back together, my wife came in, looked at all the parts all over the counter, and asked "What do people do that don't know how to do this stuff." My reply was, "They take the gun to the gunsmith when it no longer works and pay to get it fixed. Just like taking a car to a mechanic when it is not working right."

The next time I come South down Interstate 81 on vacation I will be dropping my chainsaws and generator off to you for routine maintenance. Case of good Canadian beer cover it? Oh, and cleaning of course.

Reactions: loon
What the hell ya gunna build a skyscraper? Bridge? What?

I have a MIG in that power range at work (Miller Millermatic 252) and they are a damned versatile machine. Welds 18 ga thin sheet metal all the way up to 1/2" plate, single pass. It's hard to beat the results for the money too. Have access to multiple TIG/Stick welders that can do 300+ amps but the MIGs are my go to machines unless the welds have to be ultra-pretty or are a metal that has to be TIG'd.

So yeah, he's going to be building pretty much whatever he wants.

:eek: If about 14K or so is inexpensive! But it is all about the toys right?

$14K could buy a lot of firewood...and you wouldn't have to haul it around.

Wallenstein makes nice stuff! But im not sure on using the grapple boom as a backhoe. In a perfect world maybe, but in real life a backhoe puts all kinds of twisting forces on a frame, way different than what a log loading grapple experiences. Maybe if it had a hydraulic clamshell instead of a traditional bucket?

Oh and does anybody else think the announcer sounds a bit constipated lol;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.