Hearth.com meetup in Oct. at Woodstock Soapstone Open House!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The covered bridge at Queeche took a big hit. Some stores got some heavy flooding in West Lebanon. I just checked to see if the L.L. Bean store took a hit and they were okay so they will be open.

If you are approaching from the north and south (I-91 & I-89), flood damage is not a problem. If you are coming from the west (I-90 New York Thruway, Albany NY) be prepared to go thru several areas that are only one lane. The east west secondary roads are the ones that took a beating. I traveled over Route 11 through Londonderry a couple days ago. It was passable but several excavators are in the road making it slow going. That would be the route you will be traveling from NY through Bennington and Manchester. I know that Route 7 in Rutland is totally washed out (all four lanes). More roads are opening to traffic every day But it's hard to tell which ones. I've wanted to do a little rubbernecking and check out the destruction but I felt it would be best if I stayed out of the way and let them get the job done.

Thanks Fred.

Slow1 said:
Ohhh.. the hat makes it worth the drive :)

Really hoping to make it out there to meet up with folks - hats or not.

Any suggestions in the area for a side trip to amuse kids 2-9 years old?

Forgot to mention in previous post. The Montshire Museum of Science is a great place to take the kids. It's over in Norwich Vt. not more than 10 miles from Woodstock Soapstone. Google it and see if you can download some discount coupons.

Darn......I live an hour and 15 minutes away and will be away at an antique car show in Pennsylvania for both days.

Lets see........5 days of looking at cool classic cars or a free hearth.com hat? Sorry guys......would love to meet everyone but there are priorities.

Flatbedford said:
If nothing unusual happens Mrs. Flatbedford and I will be there. Planning to arrive Friday afternoon and leave Sunday. Beer, food, and a hat! Looking forward to meeting my virtual friends.
Does anybody know how significantly the area has be effected by the flooding?
Does anybody want to buy a broken in, but fully functional 029 w/20" bar, 5 chains, and a Stihl sharpening kit for .325" chain? I can bring it with me.

How much would an 029 be worth? I have an 023 I bought new eons ago..

Ray

I look forward to meeting my Hearth.com friends! It will be interesting placing a face with the names.. It would be cool if we had nametags with our Hearth.com names on them..

Ray

Well....I just checked Mapquest and it is 17 hrs 52 mins / 1063.73 miles. Soooo.......I doubt I will make it, but I sure wish I could. You all have a great time and have a beer and talk about me if you want. I would love to talk to all of you! Steve

Jags said:
I hope all the folks that show up have a blast. I will be there in spirit. Simply too far to travel for me, which is a shame, cuz I really like hats.

Remind me Jags and I'll send you a hat if I get one.

raybonz said:
I look forward to meeting my Hearth.com friends! It will be interesting placing a face with the names.. It would be cool if we had nametags with our Hearth.com names on them..

Ray

I hate wearing name tags . . . I'll be the short, fat balding guy with glasses harassing Dennis . . . or having Dennis harass me. ;) :)

Forgot to mention . . . I should be there sometime Saturday morning or so.

I also think someone should have provided Vermont's own Woodhuck apple cider on tap for those non-beer drinkers . . . hehheh . . . it's all good though . . . my non-woodstove burning buddy who I am dragging along will be more than happy when I tell him about the free beer.

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:
I hope all the folks that show up have a blast. I will be there in spirit. Simply too far to travel for me, which is a shame, cuz I really like hats.

That would be cool beans, man.

Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
Jags said:

Just be sure to remind me . . . I have a pretty bad memory.

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
Jags said:

Just be sure to remind me . . . I have a pretty bad memory.

Roger that.

Me and pen will be the official photographers at the event. We will capture all those "can't miss moments".... :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
Me and pen will be the official photographers at the event. We will capture all those "can't miss moments".... :lol:

I am hoping for a thread full of pics of the event.

Note: if you see a person walking around with a tin foil hat in the shape of a sail boat, that would be DeltaT.

I have the 50 gig card ready ;)

pen

Would be fun and entertaining if the girls of hearth.com could make the trip. Looking forward to the pics!

VCBurner said:
I would love to meet you all, and usually we are in NH for a Fall camping trip on Columbus day weekend! But, this year we are going to Horseneck Beach, it's just a lot cheaper than the NH trip would be. My inlaws are nice enough to fund the entire thing every year as well as every other weekend during the camping season. Thanks to them we are able to go away to the beach and lakes around the state quite often.

I hope you all enjoy the trip and the foliage should be beautiful!

Heck, VC, I probably have passed by you at some point as I went through Templeton. I will be certain to wave next time.
Too bad you will not be going to the open house. Horseneck is a great beach!

Remkel said:
VCBurner said:
I would love to meet you all, and usually we are in NH for a Fall camping trip on Columbus day weekend! But, this year we are going to Horseneck Beach, it's just a lot cheaper than the NH trip would be. My inlaws are nice enough to fund the entire thing every year as well as every other weekend during the camping season. Thanks to them we are able to go away to the beach and lakes around the state quite often.

I hope you all enjoy the trip and the foliage should be beautiful!

Heck, VC, I probably have passed by you at some point as I went through Templeton. I will be certain to wave next time.
Too bad you will not be going to the open house. Horseneck is a great beach!
We're right off Rt 2 so beep when you drive down!
Wife and I talked about Horseneck yesterday, saying it'll be cold there but it should still be nice looking! We can still sit by the fire and go for bike rides. Instead of mountains we'll be climbing the dunes. The boys will have fun at the playground and basketball court at the campground. Hot toties on the beach can't be that bad right? No foliage but we said we'd take a trip north anyway to see the leaves at some point. I'm going up to Henniker to pick up the pellet stove on October 1st so I'll get a sneak peak! Are you near Rindge? We grocery shop at Market Basket and Walmart there. Gotta love the tax free incentive and it's only 25 minutes from the house.

Not only near Rindge, but in Rindge. About 1.5 mi from the wal mart

Love it up here, and appreciate all you MA people coming up to support us :)

Wow, small world, huh? My wife loves going up there to grocery shop, she says " I'm going to NH to get groceries!" Kinda sounds funny because we just moved up here from Paxton, so now we're much closer, colder too! Thank god for stoves for alternate heat sources!

I’ll be the short, fat balding guy with glasses harassing Dennis

Who won't be harassing Dennis?

At this point and time I'm in! Looks like a Saturday for me, save me a hat.

KC

I've been looking all over.. is this the official address of the meetup?
Woodstock Soapstone Company
66 Airpark Road
West Lebanon, NH 03784

We will be there on Sat. Save us 2 hats! Excited, a great excuse for a get away! Any other places to see beside the gardens?
Vixster

Status
Not open for further replies.