An Invitation From Woodstock Soapstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RS267

Jun 28, 2008
West Lebanon, NH
This is an open invitation to all of you nice HearthNet folks to join us in celebrating 30 years of Woodstock Soapstone Stoves. Founded in the fall of 1978, we will be hosting our 30th Anniversary Open House on Saturday, November 8, 2008, from 9-5, at our West Lebanon, NH plant, and we would love to have you come! There will be refreshments all day, a Pig Roast lunch with all the fixins at around noon, a silent auction, and live fiddle music. You can tour our entire facility, see how the stoves are made, and meet all the folks who make them. It should be a fun day!

No RSVP is necessary, but if you need driving directions, you can visit our website, www.woodstove.com, or call us at 800-866-4344, from 9-5 ET, Mon-Sat. From all of us at Woodstock Soapstone, we hope to see you there!

Ron

Ron, thanks for the invitation. Now if you weren't so darned far away, we'd be there for sure. Good luck and congratulations on 30 years. If those stoves weren't so good you'd have never lasted this long. They are great! Hope you make it to 130 years.

Wow, I used to have an antique soapstone that look exactly like that "classic". What a great stove.
Unfortunatly the top cast band got old and cracked, and I just didn't trust it.
But for the size it threw an amazing amount of heat. I got it out of a barn in Strafford nh, there was an 1870s date on the door.

Goldenearringz, send for their literature. I believe there are pictures there of them cutting the stone.

You say someday you will buy a Woodstock stove. We too looked at the Woodstock years ago but decided to wait. Now that we have one, we kick ourselves for waiting. Why oh why did we not buy it sooner?! It was a big purchase for sure because we also put in a new chimney at the same time, but what a difference! If you haven't read some of my posts here on hearth.com, we went from burning from up to 6 cords or more of wood per winter to less than 3 last winter and stayed warmer in the house. Yes, we have been pleased with the Fireview.

Man, if my wedding wasn't on that day and I didn't live over a thousand miles away I'd be there! All kidding aside, you guys build a great product and obviously appreciate your customer base. Congratulations on your success and good luck with the future!

I too wish I lived close enough to drop by. I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of time Michael O'Neill put into helping me with my complete chimney and stove install. I agree with everything posted above. Woodstock might be the last company left that actually cares about the product they make, and keeping their customers 110% satisfied. Here are some examples:

1. I gave Michael my house measurements and he sent me the adequate chimney parts, which fit perfectly.

2. My wall support had two identical pieces, which was Selkirk's fault, and you paid for shipping both ways to accommodate.

3. I had you guys make a stove top for my stove, which was no problem at all.

4. My firebox stone had a chunk come off, so I called. Special furnace patching cement is on it's way, FREE.

I have no problem patronizing a company like Woodstock. They deserve every penny they make.
Completely satisfied in Lancaster Pa,
Aaron Risser

If anyone wants to visit from afar - check out this gallery:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/visits_main/visit_to_woodstock

I would also like to wish the crew a happy anniversary - it's good to see some of the "good folks" left in the stove biz. Many stoves today are made by hand, but Woodstock probably even more than most!

(besides, they have been one of the long term sponsors of Hearth.com)
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.