Hearthstone Heritage (8024) - Pad Dimensions - 45 degree angle in corner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Barn86

Aug 14, 2022
Montana
Hi All,

I'm purchasing a Heritage and needing a bit of assistance on pad dimensions.

Clearances are in the attached image.
Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 9.27.02 AM.png

We are looking to do your typical pentagon style hearth and I seem to suck at figuring out dimensions.

Am I correct in saying that the length against the walls will need to be 54" and then the front of the pad will need to be 68" from the inside corner of the wall?

Not that I believe it matters based on the clearances table but we are doing double wall with rear heat shield.

In general, I'd love to know the dimensions required in the below drawing.
Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 8.52.09 AM.png

Last edited:
Assuming that 4th row doesn't apply to you?

J from the manual looks like F on your hearth pad, so 60" (double check the asterisk on column J).

D is dictated by the mouth of the stove. You need the full 16" deep protection all the way across when the door is open. I believe this 16" is already included in the 60".

After that, AB and CE fall into place. I'd be interested if anyone has simpler equations than these...
Code:
AB = (F + D/2) * sqrt(2)/2
CE = AB - ( D * sqrt(2)/2 )
(definitely 2x check the math, I just came up with these and it's past my bedtime 😄 )

I'm not sure how the side-load clearances work. You need that same 16" for the side door, which might be too close to the wall if you go for an 8" install.

And just to be clear, I'm no chimney, hearth, or stove professional - good luck!