Hearthstone Heritage finally online!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmsolo60

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 2, 2007
Adirondack Mountains
Bought a hearthstone heritage in early December but had no hearth or chimney to connect it to. Built my own hearth with two layers of micore 300 and two layers of durarock(called for R1.2 I made it R2.72), behind it I installed 5/8" firecode sheetrock and durarock. as you can see in the before and after I still have some trim work and painting to finish but my slate work and stove installation is installed and working. I'll post some better quality pictures when it is all complete. Is it a bad thing to have it 76 in your house and be itching to throw more wood on?

Attachments

• 121607_13111.jpg
    121607_13111.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 011308_13392.jpg
    011308_13392.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 452
Awesome stove in a very nice setting. Just curious, how much wood are you going through with all those heaters?

Is it a bad thing to have it 76 in your house and be itching to throw more wood on?
Image Attachments
LOL, I guess it depends on how much wood you have available. Beautiful stove, I can completely relate to wanting to be able to keep on burning it. Looks like there's enough cold weather coming so you'll have plenty of opportunity!

Tarmsolo60 said:
Is it a bad thing to have it 76 in your house and be itching to throw more wood on?

:lol:

Me too! Me too!!!

We installed the baby brother to your stove! and my god does it throw the heat! I keep wanting to load it up and my wife is always telling me to let it alone "it's too hot in here!" Actually it is going to get cold again, so I need to get back out and cut more dead elm! Cutting dead and dry this year, planning to stack three cord at the house, and another three cord where we cut, for next year!

BeGreen said:
Awesome stove in a very nice setting. Just curious, how much wood are you going through with all those heaters?

I'm thinking about 7 cord maybe 8. I shouldn't really burn anymore because my wood boiler stores the heat for later use and this new stove will satisfy probably all but one zone in the house. the nice thing is if I let this go out my stored heat will take over if needed. This might actually save me wood.

Hey man, when you got your new Heritage, did your glass have a little colored tint to it? Mine has like a purple and yellow tint when light reflects off the front of the glass. Dont know if that's normal or not.

Thanks and sorry to hijack your thread,
Andy

Side door clearance requirements are as high as front door requirements. I chose to balance left and right for a centered appearance.

AndyD1480 said:
Hey man, when you got your new Heritage, did your glass have a little colored tint to it? Mine has like a purple and yellow tint when light reflects off the front of the glass. Dont know if that's normal or not.

Thanks and sorry to hijack your thread,
Andy

Sound like the tint my glass has, thanks for asking because I was wondering if mine was normal also.

alll the hearthstone stove used the infer Red Ceramic to hold HEAT into the stove and not radiate to much heat out of the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.