Hearthstone Heritage I - Too much inlet air - seeking help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lostinthemarket

Nov 11, 2022
CT
Hi All, I'm a newbie to the forums.

I bought this stove new and ran it for at least 10 years without issue. Then I decided to rent out my house. . . .

So after moving back in a few weeks ago I find that both grates were warped beyond use and the gasket for the stone in the door was non-existent. So it looks like my tenant was overfiring to say the least. I bought new grates, resealed all the gaskets for the doors and the there still seems to be too much air getting in, even with the inlet turned all the way down. Definitely running hotter than I remember.

I have a smoke machine that is used for automotive applications to find leaks but can anyone familiar with these stoves have any advice? I'm a bit sad since I've spent a lot of time with this old girl.