Hearthstone Shelburne Users - Any tips or tricks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VTHC

Nov 12, 2009
Northwestern Vermont
Hey Everyone,

As many of you know (from other posts on these forums) I replaced an old smoke dragon with a Hearthstone Shelburne. I did the break-in fires last Friday and Saturday morning, and then started burning normally (almost 24/7). There has been a bit of a learning curve as I am not used to an EPA II stove, and the firebox is much smaller than my old Morso 1125. Was wondering if any other Shelburne users out there have tips and tricks that help get longer burn times (especially overnight - i'm waking up to very few coals). I was also wondering if any of you have the blower kit (and/or OAK)? Does it help? Is it worth the $$? I'm generally running the stove at 550-600*F (top middle by the stack, confirmed by IR thermometer)...

Status
Not open for further replies.