Heat exchanger plans for waste oil heater?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2009
midwest
I'm prolly posting in the wrong forum, so if I do please move it to the correct one...thanks

A few years ago I built a waste oil heater for my shop. I did some temp measuring last night and I am loosing a hell of alot of heat out of the flue on the first 3 foot section, then it tapers off alot before it goes outside. Basically I would like to know anyone has plans to make a heat exchanger for 6 inch pipe that is easily cleanable since the waste oil does produce a fair amount of ash. I have seen them with a lever on the back that scraps the tubes off, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.