Heat & Glo Escape 35 ember bed light not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gearheadd

Nov 30, 2023
Maryland
I recently replaced both a bad pilot assembly and RC 300 remote control on my Escape 35 propane unit. The ember lights that used to work with the Aux function no longer come on. I'm wondering if either of these fixes could have affected the operation of the lights or could they simply be burned out?

Did you check the bulbs to see if they’re blown? Replacing the pilot assembly should not affect the lighting feature, unless you compromised a wire. Did you disconnect from the household power before you began your project?

Did you check the bulbs to see if they’re blown? Replacing the pilot assembly should not affect the lighting feature, unless you compromised a wire. Did you disconnect from the household power before you began your project?
Agree and yes I cut power. I believe there are 2 bulbs for the ember lights so the odds of both going at the same time seem slim. My thought is that maybe there’s some additional programming that needs to be done when replacing an RC300 remote for the aux function?

I recently replaced both a bad pilot assembly and RC 300 remote control on my Escape 35 propane unit. The ember lights that used to work with the Aux function no longer come on. I'm wondering if either of these fixes could have affected the operation of the lights or could they simply be burned out?
Hello. Did you figure out how to fix this? I recently changed my RC 300 remote as well and now the embers or back light of the fireplace won’t work. I tried to sync the old remote and that too is having the same issues

Hello. Did you figure out how to fix this? I recently changed my RC 300 remote as well and now the embers or back light of the fireplace won’t work. I tried to sync the old remote and that too is having the same issues
Unfortunately I did not receive any answers. I did not have a problem getting the remote to sync as far as on/off and flame/blower adjustment but I'm still thinking that auxiliary functions might need another step to get it working. Sorry.

Unfortunately I did not receive any answers. I did not have a problem getting the remote to sync as far as on/off and flame/blower adjustment but I'm still thinking that auxiliary functions might need another step to get it working. Sorry.
I am not sure if your remote has it but you said that and it made me think. I just went to my remote and there are two options for aux 1 and aux 2. I selected 1 and there were three little bars. I went all the way up to fill them in and select and the embers and lights turned on! hope this works for you too!

Reactions: 49er