Heat, LLC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aweya

Oct 30, 2007
South Shore, MA
Has anyone ever dealt with HEAT, LLC 314 East 1st Street -Mountain Grove, MO 65711? I just called for a truckload (22 tons) at 148.80 per ton + delivery. Premium hardwood pellets 1/2 percent ash content. Seems almost too good to be true. Anybody know these guys?

I don't know anything about them, but you would be wise to approach with caution.

Sounds to good to be true.

What they get you for shipping? $3.00 a mile x 1,400 miles = $4200.00 for shipping
+ $3,273.60 pellets = $7473.60 or $339.71 per ton

Eric

Shipping....... That's going to be pricey. I would be interested to see the final numbers on this deal.

Still working on freight cost but it looks like Eric here knows what he's talking about. I'm trying a transportation broker. Maybe I can get a truck thats coming back to MA from there empty. Dunno....live and learn they say.

aweya said:
Still working on freight cost but it looks like Eric here knows what he's talking about. I'm trying a transportation broker. Maybe I can get a truck thats coming back to MA from there empty. Dunno....live and learn they say.
everybody's backhaul is someone else's main haul!

ugenetoo said:
everybody's backhaul is someone else's main haul!

10-4 good buddy. At around ninety cents a mile for diesel it better be.

Status
Not open for further replies.