Heat n Glo 700-tr-nf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markb1983

May 24, 2015
St. Paul MN
Hello Everyone!

I am a new member and hope to have you guys answer a few questions! Recently, I purchased an older gas fireplace. I saw during the unpacking that the refractory was broken in some areas. My question to you is, Do I need to have the refractory installed and use it? Its a yellow goldish color and I feel as it would look better not in place.

Second, since it is discontinued by the manufacture, is there any places you guys recommend for parts?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to read the owners manual to determine whether the refractory is OEM or optional.
For replacement parts, check with your local Heat & Glo dealer...
The service department there can tell you if an OEM part has been discontinued & if there is a replacement part available...

Status
Not open for further replies.