Heated handles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyrlee

Oct 19, 2009
Northern WI
Since I'm now considering the Husky 346xp over the Stihl MS 260 Pro, I see the Husky offers heated handles.

Those who have heated handles, was it worth the extra money?

Andy

If you cut a lot when its realy cold out than its worth it. I have 2 saws with them and love them in the winter.

today yes most of the time no. Being in Northern WI I would want them.

When my brother went to logging school back in the seventies he said the pros' told him not to get heated handles. When you sit the saw down in the snow it melts on the heated handles then freezes. Then you use it again and it melts and repeats the cycle. Pretty soon you end up working in cold wet gloves all day. Sweat or water of any kind getting into protective clothing is a no-no for long exposures out in the cold. I guess if you can keep them dry it would be great.

Steve

I would'a appreciated them yesterday . . . But I've never used um so . . .

Nope, I ve never once had cold hands while running a chain saw, even last weekend when it was 4 degrees with a stiff wind.

andyrlee said:
Since I'm now considering the Husky 346xp over the Stihl MS 260 Pro, I see the Husky offers heated handles.

Those who have heated handles, was it worth the extra money?

Andy

i've been running heated handles for years and always two of the same model one with heat and the other with out.....gotta say ones with heat cut better than ones with out !!!!

My hands get super cold really quick and easy. However, they do not get cold when I run the saw! A light pair is okay then. I too would be wary of them with the snow, but I supposed if you were careful where and how you set the saw it would be okay. Methinks though it is another one of those gadget things that is not needed but their main purpose is to drain your purse.

I love my 346 XPG, just cut my first 8 cds with it. There is nothing like have wet and WARM gloves. One day it was 12* with a stiff wind and I was cutting bare handed. This saw replaces my Husky 61, I used it for 21 years, so I figured I could spurge on the extra 40 bucks for the heat.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.