Heatilator Chimney Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFreiermuth

Hearth Supporter
Greetings Folks!!!

I have a friend who is in need of a 18" or 24" section of Heatilator Model #700 Chimney. The local guys around here in Western New York all laughed and said good luck. One guy did say they discontinued the model #700, and that he sold his last section a few years ago.

Also need a rain cap for it.

Reason for needing, bought old home that was damaged, tree clobbered old one, need new one!!!

Thanks.

Yep, no longer made. You can buy a aftermarket cap specificly for air cooled chimneys. Vacu stack and Windbeater both make specific caps for air cooled. Get out the check book, there going to be expensive $200 ish. It VERY important that you but the correct cap.

MSG,

Thanks for the info. I told him I'd put it out there for you guys to chew on.
I told him he's kinda up the creek since he needs a section of the pipe also. He's got a phone call into to Heatilator, which, of course,
has changed names (Can't remember what he said). Hopefully, they can help him out or at least point him in the right direction.
I will pass the cap info on to him. You always hear people speak about Heatilator's now and then. I though for sure somebody in here would have a line on parts for them.

Now for the good news. It's starting to get cold here in WNY almost fire time!!! How long have you been burning for now in Colorado???

24/7 since september 1st. Lovin it. that little dinky woodpile is going down fast this year. Unseasonably cold month.
With all the new construction going on out here, there is a company called resorce 2000 that recycles used building materials. You would not belive what you will find there. They have every kind of pipe under the sun. A buddy of mine who is a blacksmith found some selkirk metal bestos pipe 12" dia. for $15 / 3' stick. They have all kind of stuff. Call them they might have it and would ship it out.
http://www.resourceyard.org/

MSG,

I'll email them in a minute.

Glad to hear your burning already. I'll probably be a full month behind you.

Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.