Heatilator GDFL60E Fires for a few secs and cuts off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanterry

Feb 17, 2015
Muskego, Wisconsin
First off I know this has been asked a million times but I can't find anything definitive so I have to ask again because I'm really struggling here and need some help.
So I own a Heatilator GDFL60E with a Robertshaw DS 845 NL-1-4 control box. The problem I am having is very similar to most people in the fact that It fires up for a few secs and then shuts down. I attempted to do the common fix first and clean up the flame sensor. The problem is I don't believe my model has a flame sensor and now I'm really confused on where to look next.
I have uploaded a few pics with the schematics of my unit showing no flame sensor and a pick of my ignitor.
the problem has to be that something is not registering ignition/Flame because my ignitor continues to fire after the flame is lit up until it shuts down. I just don't know what it is that registers ignition on my unit.
Could it be a bad control box? it does have the flashing LED once it shuts down. Saw several postings that the box is fine as long as the LED light is not solid.
Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask me any questions.
image1.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image1.JPG

Thanks

First off I know this has been asked a million times but I can't find anything definitive so I have to ask again because I'm really struggling here and need some help.
So I own a Heatilator GDFL60E with a Robertshaw DS 845 NL-1-4 control box. The problem I am having is very similar to most people in the fact that It fires up for a few secs and then shuts down. I attempted to do the common fix first and clean up the flame sensor. The problem is I don't believe my model has a flame sensor and now I'm really confused on where to look next.
I have uploaded a few pics with the schematics of my unit showing no flame sensor and a pick of my ignitor.
the problem has to be that something is not registering ignition/Flame because my ignitor continues to fire after the flame is lit up until it shuts down. I just don't know what it is that registers ignition on my unit.
Could it be a bad control box? it does have the flashing LED once it shuts down. Saw several postings that the box is fine as long as the LED light is not solid.
Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask me any questions.
View attachment 153922 View attachment 153922 View attachment 153923 View attachment 153924 View attachment 153925 View attachment 153926 View attachment 153922

Thanks
Did you get any replies as i am having the exact same issue

Status
Not open for further replies.