Heatilator GNDC36 log set removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_pinehill

Nov 29, 2008
nj
I'm pretty sure I have to replace the TC. Photo attached. The bronze is eroded and TC is charred. The fireplace starts but will intermittently shut off off in an hour or two. The thermopile voltage is ok, but I will replace it also.

How to do you remove the logs from the fireplace? It looks like a dry wall screw holding it. Its not something I want to force, the logs look easy to crack.

Attachments

• IMG_1967.JPG
    IMG_1967.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 330
I'm pretty sure I have to replace the TC. Photo attached. The bronze is eroded and TC is charred. The fireplace starts but will intermittently shut off off in an hour or two. The thermopile voltage is ok, but I will replace it also.

How to do you remove the logs from the fireplace? It looks like a dry wall screw holding it. Its not something I want to force, the logs look easy to crack.

I figured it out. Some internet searching and found the log set instructions. I replaced the Thermocouple and the fireplace seems to be fine. I bought a thermopile, and did not replace it, the pile is showing correct voltage. Now that i know how to disassemble the stove, I'll wait for it to fail.

It was a PITA to get the thermocouple b-nut into the valve body. Its a blind installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.