Heatilator intellifire automatic ignition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akayb17

Dec 15, 2015
St louis
My heatilator intellifire was installed when we built our home 2 years ago. Upon first use of its 3rd season, it won't light! We've tried a new controller, nothing changed. The ignitor sparks when the wall switch is flipped. We've tried and read a lot of DIY fixes. No one cam service it until after xmas, and that's still a $150 service call alone. The model is ndv6236i. Any advice?

Does the igniter spark until it times out? It should continue to for 1 minute (approximately) before it does.
Then the switch has to be thrown again & it will repeat.
Sometimes it make take 2 - 3 (maybe 10 or more) tries to get it to light.
The gas has to pass thru a small tube to get to the pilot assembly,
& it just takes time.
If that's not what's going on then:
Is there gas in the line?
Is the gas turned on?
Is it LP or NG?

Well, one thing I'd try is to take a screwdriver with a plastic handle, & give the gas valve a sharp RAP.
Don't get carried away & swing it like a golf club or a baseball bat.
You only want to hit it hard enough to loosen something stuck inside'
& hit it on the metal casing. Don't hit any knobs or electrical stuff.
Hit the valve while the igniter is sparking.
See if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.