Heavy-Duty Bench Grinder with Hydraulic Assist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay" date="1310170233 said:
Adios Pantalones" date="1310170054 said:
It's more about having space for it than the cash I think- I got a good tablesaw and other stuff that I need to unload.

I really don't need it, but you know how it is with toys

I traded a new ms 180 for one. :cheese:

Smokin, the Oregon H/D bench grinder with hydraulic assist is in, looks like I'll pick it up tonight after work. I have some chains that need sharpening so it's good timing.

zap

Tkae your time mounting and sure that it swings nicely from side to side.

Any quick tips on mounting the grinder to the bench.

zap

Whats your top made of?

The top of the work table or the grinder, if your talking about the grinder I'll find out when it gets pulled from the box, the work table is plywood.

zap

Yea talking about the work table How thick did you go? If its double up 3/4 Lap will work fine if its one 3/4 or under I would go with bolts. Another thing I did was use a rubber washer top and bottom. It a nice machine probally dont need it but there cheap enough that I used 2 on top and 2 on bottom.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny" date="1311008917 said:
smokinjay" date="1310170233 said:
Adios Pantalones" date="1310170054 said:
It's more about having space for it than the cash I think- I got a good tablesaw and other stuff that I need to unload.

I really don't need it, but you know how it is with toys

I traded a new ms 180 for one. :cheese:

Smokin, the Oregon H/D bench grinder with hydraulic assist is in, looks like I'll pick it up tonight after work. I have some chains that need sharpening so it's good timing.

zap

Tkae your time mounting and sure that it swings nicely from side to side.

Any quick tips on mounting the grinder to the bench.

zap

Whats your top made of?

The top of the work table or the grinder, if your talking about the grinder I'll find out when it gets pulled from the box, the work table is plywood.

zap

Yea talking about the work table How thick did you go? If its double up 3/4 Lap will work fine if its one 3/4 or under I would go with bolts. Another thing I did was use a rubber washer top and bottom. It a nice machine probally dont need it but there cheap enough that I used 2 on top and 2 on bottom.

I'm almost positive it's 3/4, I'll pick the rubber washers up tomorrow.

Thanks
Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.