Hello again all you gassers out there!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Nov 30, 2010
missouri
Well its been a bit since i posted my stupid questions on this board with my Vermont Castings Stardance gas stove with a bad gas valve.

After reading and rereading posts here I went to almost ignorant to maybe now an apprentice gas man. First of all when I bought the stove I was assured the stove worked just needed a good cleaning. Right!

After determining my valve was bad I found out it was no longer made but perserverance paid off as I found a Robert Shaw replacement $100.00! I had to almost gut all the gas stuff out to make the Robert Shaw work but I did it!

Then to the next problem what in the heck was a b-vent chimley system? Well after some help here I got that figured out also! After careful measurements I determined I needed 12f. That was the simple part now i had to go through the ceiling up the attic and out the roof.

So after talking to my great carpenter we figured out the best was was to remove shingles off the roof and go that way. It worked after 8 hours of work all it well at my house and I can work on the V/C stove but I wont touch the heat pump furnace.

If any of you have dead gas V/C s stoves also dead fireplace systems out there may i encourage you to post here help will be granted to help you figure it out and get it going. If your repairman tells you your stove cant be fixed dont believe him for a second. Matter of fact my gas guy looked at the stove and told me the part to look for he just didnt want to work on it! Sort of strange in my business days I never turned down work!

thanks to all who helped me out

bob

Reactions: 49er and DAKSY