Help choosing an insulated liner

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RMS

New Member
Oct 24, 2024
5
Pennsylvania
Thanks to reading many posts here I have decided to break out my 8x12 clay flue and put in an insulated liner. I am replacing an old buck 27000 with a Forge and Flame WP200. I am looking at these 2 liners, are they good options, and which one would you go with? I like the idea of getting pre insulated, but it doesn't seem like they come in smooth wall version, which I also like the idea of. Are these okay in general or is there a better option for my money?

Thanks.


 
The pre-insulated liner is light-duty with a .005 wall. The premium smoothwall with the insulation kit is a little more work to install, but not a big deal. It is medium weight with a .010 wall thickness. That would be my choice.
 
The pre-insulated liner is light-duty with a .005 wall. The premium smoothwall with the insulation kit is a little more work to install, but not a big deal. It is medium weight with a .010 wall thickness. That would be my choice.
So it turns out they do offer the premium pre insulated smooth wall, I just didnt see the option before I posted this. I called and talked to them. The premium pre insulated is .010, he refered to it as medium weight. I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: begreen