Help...Englander stove blower fan not working..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
..........Here`s a good one. Last evening I was visiting someone who wanted to show me his new pellet stove. I think it was the Englander 25PDVC (larger one of their two basic models) Anyway, the stove was burning fine but quite hot to the touch running on #3 and according to him it was pretty much heating his whole house but I didn`t feel any heat blowing out. However it was radiating plenty of heat. He had no clue about the blower fan since he is new to burning pellets , so far at the rate of 1 and a half to 2 bags a day. The stove almost felt like a wood stove.
I confirmed that the distribution fan was not working as I could see the squirrel cage not moving when I looked thru the hole in the back of the stove.(even with the fan set on 9)
Wednesday morning I am going to remove the back cover on the stove and check it out. Hopefully I`ll find a loose wire and if not I can check the fan with direct 120v and if it turns I assume it would be the control board and then on the phone to Englander service.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Check the "Air On Temp" button, should be set at 1. (bottom right on the control board)

Also, could be a bad temp sensor. Keep that in mind when checking the voltages.

Other than that send a PM to Mike Holton, he works for Englander and is a regular on the forum. I can't find his username now, but you should find it easily in a search.

Good luck!

Sorry,

Forgot who I was replying to. Forget the Mike Holton comment. You probably have him on the batphone already :)

kofkorn said:
Check the "Air On Temp" button, should be set at 1. (bottom right on the control board)

Also, could be a bad temp sensor. Keep that in mind when checking the voltages.

Other than that send a PM to Mike Holton, he works for Englander and is a regular on the forum. I can't find his username now, but you should find it easily in a search.

Good luck!
I appreciate the reply. The air on temp was set on #1. I`m gonna check it out first before I call Englander service.

Status
Not open for further replies.