*HELP*Greenfire (Regency) GFI55 trouble shooting help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ben1975

Dec 12, 2022
Malden, MA
Hello all, first post.
I have been searching the forum for the problem I am having with no luck. I am a renter an do not have the owners manual for help. I have lived in this house for 3 years now and have use the stove in the pass, but never for full house heat until this winter with oil prices soaring.

I researched on the up keep an cleaning of the stove, which has all been done. Recently the stove keeps shutting off with the #3 heat selector flashing. It seems like its blowing too much air in even with the air trim all the way down an feed all the way up. Does it blow more air on start up then suppose to drop back down? I feel like I'm not hearing the exhaust fan kicking on after 5-10min. Could it be a faulty temp sensor or vacuum issue?

Please bare with my lack of knowledge, why I came here. Also the service guy can't get out for over a week.

Last edited: