Help identifying Elmira StoveWorks insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeremy8916

Dec 23, 2017
ontario
Hey all, does anyone recognize the model of this insert. The rust coloured stove in first three pictures has no model number. The fourth picture is of the nearly same stove that I have in my basement. It is a model 1600 insert without the cats installed. I can't find a manual for the rust coloured one anywhere. Thanks in advance
0dabe77e729bdc68bdc0b0045bc2b2bd.jpg
ca33660bc346a89ae2bb733c4c635bf4.jpg
b2219ddc9baa3d85154bfd1325556d67.jpg
03de4867a5165429c3ddab85ec06a350.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I have the manual for the 1600 which is the stove I have downstairs. Both the 1500 and 1600 have a single air control, the rust coloured stove has 4 seperate air valves with levers that close them off. I've checked all the manuals on that site, there isn't a single stove that uses that kind of air control

Sorry I can't help but I sure do recognize that door and glass. I ran an Elmira for a few years and remember it being a pretty stout little unit.

Sorry I can't help but I sure do recognize that door and glass. I ran an Elmira for a few years and remember it being a pretty stout little unit.
From what i can tell it has the same door as my 1600, I'll check one of these days when they're both unlit. Its got the same 8" angled flue collar as a 1500, but the ash catch at the front isn't elevated. Makes me wonder if this is an early prototype model maybe? Looks like a good candidate to add secondary air to anyway, the firebox is huge.

Seems like Elmira got out of the woodstove business when the first wave of EPA regs came into effect. The one we had you could shut the air down completely and burn dirty.

Both of these will, but the 1600 has provisions for the catalyst which I'm trying to locate which should keep it from smoking.