Help, Looking to purchase a new pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kujerry

Aug 13, 2018
Kansas
Looking to get and put in a pellet stove for my basement. Trying to decide between 2 different brands. Looking to see if you all have any experience with these

1. Harmon Accentra Pellet Stove. Really liking this one. purchase and installed is 4878.00, from what i have read its really good.

2. Heatilator CAB50. purchase and installed 3389.00

is one better than the other, more reliable than the other. just wondering if any of you all have and any experience with one or the other.

Reactions: Don2222
Welcome to the forum
Boy have you opened a can of worms
Have at him boys and girls
Some like one others like the other
What are you looking for from your stove ?

Majority of the folks here like Harmon. Have you considered the Harmon Allure50 which has the new heating controls.

Purchased my Harmon Advanced in 2008. Only had to replace the fire starter a few years ago for about $100. Solid stove that burned about 3 tons of pellets a year. My Harmon Advanced takes about 10 minutes longer to clean then the other Harmon models. I purchase Pacific Cleanfire softwood pellets and have to clean the stove 3 to 4 times a year.

Search this forum under Harman Accentra gutlo. You will find my excoriations of this overweight piece of junk. Love my Harman P43.
Not sure it's possible for harman to make anything poorly.

Looking to get and put in a pellet stove for my basement. Trying to decide between 2 different brands. Looking to see if you all have any experience with these

1. Harmon Accentra Pellet Stove. Really liking this one. purchase and installed is 4878.00, from what i have read its really good.

2. Heatilator CAB50. purchase and installed 3389.00

is one better than the other, more reliable than the other. just wondering if any of you all have and any experience with one or the other.
Hey kujerry, I own an accentra 52i its 3 years old now, I had a wood burner before owning this stove so I have no experience owning the other stoves. That said I love this stove all I have done since purchase is clean ,put pellets in,and enjoy the heat it works flawlessly. I have been so happy over the ease use over the wood burner. Any questions you have on this stove I can help you with.

Hello
I own 2 Harman P61-2a , a Harman Advance and a Quadrafire Contour. I cannot turn them all on at the same time or it would be too hot. :)

The Heatilator uses Quadrafire parts.

I have a P61a for 6 years and haven't replaced anything.
Have same stove.did replace the ignitor due to a bare spot on the wire that i prob rubbed cleaning out the ash in the ignitor compartment too aggresivly. EZPZ to replace

Have same stove.did replace the ignitor due to a bare spot on the wire that i prob rubbed cleaning out the ash in the ignitor compartment too aggresivly. EZPZ to replace
When I bought my stove a elderly couple came in, they had the same stove I was getting. They were getting a new igniter after 4 years, so I thought I would have to replace it at the same time.